I’ve always been a fan of using magnetic alphabet letters in the classroom. They’re bright, fun, & seem to get kids excited when they see them. But that’s not all they’re good for, here are my top uses/reasons why magnetic letters are one of my classroom essentials.
I’ve even got a FREEBIE for you.
Magnetic Letters Are:
- Fast and Easy: little hands will have no issue manipulating these tools
- Engaging: your learner will be an active participant
- Hands on: promoting a deeper content connection
- Offer Learner Safety: making an error feels less defeating when using moveable pieces – I’ve seen kiddos shut down when spelling words at the small group table when needing to erase their response to make a change but magnets offer the feeling of “play” that makes spelling/letter sounds safer and more comfortable (from my experiences)
- Differentiation: the letters make it easy to switch up activities to meet the needs of different learners
Here are a few of my favorite ways to utilize magnetic letters for differentiation in my classroom throughout the entire year
Letter Recognition and Matching:
|Freebie Preview – To download: click the pink “download here” button at the bottom of this page|